VERMEG now proudly announces it has achieved SOC 2 type II certification
VERMEG has successfully completed a Service Organizations Controls (SOC) 2 Audit Type II examination as part of its continuing commitment to the security of customer data.
With a focus on continuous service improvement and after successfully obtaining SOC 2 type I , VERMEG further enhanced its security policies and procedures by additionally embracing the SOC 2 type II standard to increase the level of security of its already resilient SaaS offering.
SOC 2 is an internationally recognized auditing standard developed by the « American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. » SOC 2 audits are performed by independent auditing firms that thoroughly examine the controls and processes involved in storing, handling and transmitting data securely. Successful completion of a voluntary SOC 2 examination demonstrates commitment to maintain the most stringent controls for protecting the security of confidential customer information.
SOC 2 audit ensures the organization is storing, handling and transmitting data in a manner that meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- Privacy: collecting and use of consumers’ personal information allowing them to opt-out
- Security: Protection against unauthorized access to information
- Availability: Services are available and operated as committed and agreed to
- Integrity: Processing of data is complete, accurate, timely and authorized
- Confidentiality: Information is confidential and protected as committed and agreed to
SOC2 covers a wide number of security best practices across IT infrastructure including risk management, logical access controls, and system access.